Monday, July 13, 2020

Crazy Plant Lady

For my birthday last November, my sister gave me a house plant subscription.  Each month, a new plant came to live in my green menagerie.  I was most delighted by my expanding collection.  By April, I had 6 new plants happily thriving in my house, all of them headed to the front porch for the Summer.  The last plant to arrive was a Croton plant with variegated red-edged leaves.  Like all the other plants it was welcome.  Soon after my sister reminded me that the plant surprises would be coming to an end, three more Croton plants appeared.  I began to transplant en masse.




And then two more.


Six in total.  I gave away three to good homes and kept the other three for myself.  They are thriving in the sunlight of my front porch and though there are some concerns about where all these plants will go come the cold weather season, I'm not worried.  Instead, like the crazy plant lady I am, I cheer on each new leaf that they grow.   



No comments: