Sunday, August 30, 2020

Some Wisdom in the Uncertainty

Tomorrow, our back to school 2020 meetings will begin.  We’ll be masked and socially distanced, sitting outside in tents, and sometimes meeting by Zoom from our individual classrooms and offices.  But the teachers, administrators, and staff will finally be back together on campus, finalizing the plans for the coming school year, plans that we began making last April.


It’s strange - and scary - to contemplate in these uncertain times.  I am a great fan of planning; a talent that is my certain sweet-spot when life gets difficult.  But a talent for planning is of limited use when uncertainty looms so large.  Though August 31 and then the September start of school have been on my calendar since before the pandemic came to New Jersey, the days still seem like hazy, like a familiar dream that I cannot quite make sense of.  


JT reminds me that there is “nothing to do but to do it” and so that is my plan for tomorrow; for every day, really, until the last page of this chapter of pandemic history has been written.

No comments: