Wednesday, April 05, 2023

Among the Trees: Daffodil Season



It seems that I am always impatient for the arrival of Spring.  Though we had an incredibly mild Winter, this year was no exception.  I have been on the lookout for signs of Spring since I returned from California in February.  That means frequent visits to Colonial Park, where I like to take my walks and look for all the new blooms.  In the past week, the pace of Spring blooms has picked up.  There are daffodils everywhere.  Some are just starting to open their flowers. 



Others have begun to bloom.  



Within the week, more fields of daffodils will emerge everywhere I look.  I'm excited for the blooms.


Every year, I find early Spring to be a balm and a joy.
  The sunlight, the warmth, the verdant new life...all of it is lovely.  This year, watching the new leaves and flowers has been bittersweet, as I think of my Dad and the garden chatter we always shared.  It’s a bit of a one-sided conversation these days, though I can hear his voice and I know he’ll be there as I plant my seeds and await the new life.  Spring, I hear you calling and I am here for all of it.

No comments: