Saturday, June 10, 2023

Style Journal: Morning Coffee Service at Sassafras House

I am a big fan of doing the little things that make life objectively nicer.  There are plenty of examples of this habit of mine, but none stands out as much as morning coffee service at Sassafras House.  


Every night, I grind coffee beans and set up the coffee pot for the next morning’s coffee service.
  That includes a coffee mug and a pitcher or jug for cream, both set on a pretty table linen next to the coffee pot which is programmed to brew the coffee right before I come downstairs in the morning.  This month’s service is a flag-themed mug set on a chambray linen.  


I change linens and mugs seasonally and over the years I’ve collected linens for every season; many of them are from second-hand stores.
  They are always accompanied by a generously-sized mug. I enjoy making my mornings just a little nicer, and this habit does that quite well, making my daily life just a little prettier in the process.  

No comments: