Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Miracle Worker

In 1988, the year I cast my first presidential ballot, my college roommate M joined me and Michael Dukakis as the only people who actually cast a ballot for Michael Dukakis. It's possible that Mrs. Dukakis may count herself in this company, though I wouldn't bet on it.

But I digress.

The real purpose of this post is to point out that M recently hooked me up with two life-improving goods.

This sticker, which clearly was made for me:
I immediately slapped it on my car to confirm that I remain a Democrat in good standing. I think that I can speak for both of us when I say how happy we are to live in blue states and, we expect, a blue nation come November 4.

She also sent under eye concealer that, because it works on me, must be characterized as a miracle product. It's like I am no longer an old woman with dark circles under my eyes.

Of course, I remain a middle-aged mama with a smart mouth.

Only so many miracles can be worked.

No comments: