Monday, June 06, 2011

Real Life Conversations with JT: In the News edition

The backstory: I listen to NPR news with a rather passionate devotion and JT, forced to consume the same media, generally tolerates my listening habits.  Every once in a while, however, he shows interest in an actual story.  Usually, it's a sports story that draws him in but his interests seem to be more varied of late, as the following conversation indicates.

JT:  Can I turn on the news when I go upstairs?

Mama:  Sure.  Why?

JT:  There's a story I want to hear.

Mama:  What is it about?

JT:  Drug cartels in El Salvador and Mexico.

Mama:  Drug cartels in El Salvador and Mexico?……Should I be concerned?

JT:  Shhhh, I'm listening to the story.

Maybe I should look more closely at his backyard activities.

No comments: