Friday, July 12, 2019

Posting Has Been Light….


And I’ve been feeling a bit guilty about that.  It isn’t that I don’t have anything to say.  Far from it……but I damaged a key typing finger earlier last week and so my hands have been quiet even as my mouth has been yammering.  It all started on Tuesday, when I made tacos for JT and a couple of his friends.  


In the course of chopping jalapeños for salsa, I got a little careless with a very sharp knife and cut off a portion of my fingernail.

A significant portion.  

In hindsight, I’m lucky that I pulled back fast enough to save my fingertip.  But I cut off a third of my fingernail on my middle left finger.  It hurt in the moment, of course, and I bled like a stuck pig.  But once T and I got the bleeding to stop, it was merely the inconvenience of a bandaged finger and the fact that jostling it caused pain that slowed up my typing.  Things are better now (the finger doesn’t hurt and the fingernail is growing back) and I’ve got a lot to say.

No comments: