Thursday, March 19, 2020

Spring Brings Hope

My school began Spring Break early, at the end of the day on March 12, and from then on I was systematically involved in the preparations that would enable me and my fellow middle school teachers to instruct from home.  I’ll write much more on that process in the coming days because I want to make a record of all of it.  As I get those thoughts together, I will post them here.  Today’s post is really about me and my adjustment to this new landscape of life at home.  

T has always worked from home but now that JT and I are also here, things are different and we’re all trying to adjust.  Here on day 6 of the stay-at-home regime, I have realized that I need a plan for my days.  After a day or two of lying about in my pajamas, I realized that I need to plan my activities, lest I give in to the abyss of despair that is Covid-19 Twitter.    

Today, the first day of Spring, I took a stroll through the yard to celebrate the change that is well underway.  I found some crocus flowers from bulbs I forgot that I had planted.


Daffodils are up and flowers are close at hand.  



This patch of tulips is well on their way to a pretty celebration of Spring.


The rhododendron is readied for May blooms.


Each morning there are birds chirping their daily wake up call.  It's the first thing I hear when I wake up.

Spring always feels like hope on the horizon.  In the midst of this crisis, it is a comfort to see Mother Nature steering a path of certainty.  

No comments: