Thursday, December 01, 2016

December 1: In the Backyard Neighborhood

My project to post pictures of this corner of my backyard began on January 1, 2016.  In the last 11 months, the backyard corner has come full circle.  December finds my peach tree a bit taller.  The hosta patch is ready for some rest.  My clematis vine has gone on Winter holiday.


This yard is my daily view and in all seasons it is a source of great pleasure for me.  Its changes and growth reflect the changes in my own world.  It is a daily reminder that with patience and cultivation, beautiful things may grow.


We’re headed into the dormant Winter season.  Years of gardening have shown me that even amidst the quiet of Winter, there is progress and change in the garden.  That reminder is a lesson itself.


There will be a new first of the month garden project for 2017 and it too will be a reminder of the power of the natural world in my life.  That’s happy!

No comments: