Sunday, December 17, 2017

Snow Prints


On Friday evening, we had a few hours of snow, enough to leave two inches.  On Saturday morning, I set out to shovel the driveway so that I could run errands and I saw animal prints in the snow.



They looked so lovely in the morning quiet and I could imagine a wild animal seeking a welcoming shelter in my backyard.  T reminds me that it’s very likely one of the possums who snack on my garden; I think that’s quite likely.  But on Saturday I was charmed.  The stillness and quiet after snow has fallen is one of the loveliest gifts of the Winter season and even when there is shoveling to be done, I enjoy those moments after the storm.  


Winter’s cold is a welcome reminder to stop and rest.  The cold ensures that I’ll tuck under a cozy blanket with a steaming mug of tea, a good book, and the chance to renew.  That’s happy!

No comments: