Wednesday, April 17, 2019

All Mueller, All the Time


Tomorrow, the Mueller report will turn up in a more complete format than the Trump-serving Barr summary.  The anticipatory energy has me thinking I’ll just leave Twitter alone on Thursday.  It’s not because I don’t care, it’s because I want time to read and absorb exactly what the report concludes without the attendant “what’s next, what’s next, what’s next?” furor.  

Honestly, I have no expectation that the report will make a difference; that there will be an actual “what’s next.”  Republicans are fully in on the Trump presidency and it’s hard for me to imagine that anything in the complete report is going to change that political calculation.

The current state of Republican politics seems hopeless to me and I don’t expect the full report will change that reality.  When I need hope, I find it in the field of amazing Democratic presidential candidates.  That means that the hope lies in November 2020.  Just 565 days, if you’re counting down like I am.

No comments: