Thursday, December 05, 2019

December front porch


Over the Thanksgiving weekend, my neighbors spent the sunny and breezy Saturday setting out their Christmas lights and outdoor decorations.  I saved the task for Sunday, the first day of December.

As decisions go, it was a chilly one.

A cold rain fell all day and when I got my things together in the afternoon it was cold and icy.  Happily, porch decoration is one of my favorite things to do each month and so I wasn’t deterred by the wintery conditions.  The flag welcomes the Winter weather.


The table is cheerful and I am pleased with the fairy Christmas tree, which lights up in the evening.


There is greenery everywhere.



The fresh pine wreath on the front door smells lovely when I come home each afternoon.


Christmas decorations, with greenery and light, always feels magical to me and I enjoy all the traditions of the month. Merry, merry!

No comments: