Monday, December 02, 2019

December Tradition


I like a generous-sized mug for my morning coffee and evening tea.  My kitchen cabinet is well-stocked with more mugs than I need.  Come December, I shift things around to place the Winter mugs up front.  I’ve a solid collection, especially when you consider that many of these mugs represent just one of a family of two.  


I find these sorts of small traditions to be a cozy treat during the cold months of Winter, especially during the month of December.  Each morning, there will be cheerful cloth by the coffee pot, with a Winter-themed mug at the ready for my first cup.


After a much-needed and happily relaxing Thanksgiving weekend, there are three cold and busy weeks between me and Winter Break.  These are school days that will start in the inky darkness before the sunrise and will most often end as twilight descends.  The days are growing markedly shorter now and in the cold darkness, a warm mug in my hands makes everything nicer.  Happily, I’m all set!

No comments: