Tuesday, September 01, 2020

Frontyard Flowerbed in September

This flowerbed is once again a riotous mess.  The jewelweed has taken center stage.  I like this wildflower, so that is fine by me.  Not fine by me are the volunteer rose of Sharon blooms, the remnants of an old Rose of Sharon that used to grow here and is rather a mess to contain (which is why I took it out….or tried anyway).


The hostas, now baked by the August heat, are ready for some cooler Fall weather.


The elephant ear hostas are staking a stab all Fall colors.


All Summer long I’ve had the thought that ample time for gardening would suddenly appear for me.
  In truth, most of what appeared was ample work to be completed in order to start the school year.  So the garden was short-changed as July slipped into August and now September.  I have hopes that the weekends in the Fall will offer time for me to trim back this flowerbed and I hope that it will.  October 1st will tell that story……

No comments: