Tuesday, September 08, 2020

Good Morning Indeed

We had meetings all of last week and this week will feature some more meetings and then, on Thursday and Friday, actual school - in person and with students.  At this point, 6 months after I last taught students in person, the very idea of in-person school feels special.

For grades 6-12, my school is using a hybrid model, with half of the students present for in-person in class each week and the other half learning remote.  Each week, we’ll swap out the group on campus.  In class together will look radically different - with masks and socially distant seating. plexiglass shields and rules about hand-washing and hallway walking and a zillion other differences.  It could seem daunting but for the fact that I am so glad that we will be able to teach and learn together in person.  I know that most teachers and students won’t have this benefit and I am grateful that my students will.


I don’t know how long this method of school will last. I’ve never taught hybrid before and I expect it will be exhausting.  I’m still sorting out what assessments look like in this teaching model.  The list of uncertainties goes on and on and on.


But, after months and months of anxious planning, we have arrived at this day.  I am so very glad that we’re here.

No comments: