Sunday, January 22, 2023

Fire Woman

I like to joke that my walk-on music is “Fire Woman” by The Cult.  It’s a song which commands attention and in my rich imagination it would make Middle School students sit up and take notice if this song is blasted when I enter the room. 

Reality is that Middle Schoolers generally do listen to what I have to say and the most use I get out of “Fire Woman” is in the parking lot at Costco on a Saturday, when “Fire Woman” at high volume helps me to summon the courage I need to try and back out of my parking spot, amidst the carts that have been abandoned and the wandering shoppers strolling through the parking lot to the store, drunk on excitement about the 72 rolls of toilet paper they will soon bring home. 

Internet, this is what 55 looks like.

No comments: