Friday, March 24, 2023

Lucy Cat

Last Winter when Tiger died, I was worried about how Lucy would manage as the only cat at Sassafras House.  She did spend some time waiting at the front door, on the lookout for Tiger and that certainly added little more heartbreak in the midst of an already hard year.  Then she settled into her usual routines, napping on the warm furnace and always ready to sit on my lap in the evening.  Since T’s departure, Lucy has been my comfort and companion in a whole new way and I appreciate her so very much.  We read together. 


She naps in her basket when the sun shines in the back window. 



Let’s face it, napping in cozy places is her real skill in life.


Come bedtime, she joins me in my nest and sleeps alongside me, curled up on the duvet, a warm and welcome companion by my side in the darkness.  She is such a comfort to me.

No comments: