Friday, February 02, 2024

The Countdown Continues

On Monday morning, I taught my classes and when I returned to my office, there was an e-mail from my surgeon’s office: my hip replacement was delayed, likely to February 28.  I was appalled.  It took a day of back-and-forth with the office, before we landed on a one-week delay.  Now my surgery is on February 21.  I’ve been waiting for relief since September and strictly speaking another week is just that - 7 more days - but it was another blow in an already demoralizing journey.  I made a last-minute appointment with my pain doctor to renew the meds that help me to get some sleep, updated my supply of ibuprofen and Tylenol for daytime support, adjusted my countdown calendar, and got back to life.  Today I have two pre-op appointments: testing at the hospital and a visit with the surgeon’s office.  Next week, I'll see my primary care doc for surgery clearance.  With 19 days to go, I am lslowly imping toward the finish line.

No comments: