Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Tuesday Garden Update: August 23


This is the last full week of my summer break and though I plan to be at work every day this week, I'm still in summer vacation mode.  Next week, the faculty return for meetings and planning; things will start to feel pretty darn real.  Then we’ll have the Labor Day weekend and when that holiday is over, school is in session.


I can’t quite embrace the fact that the summer is over.  But it nearly is, as my tiring garden can attest.  There are still plenty of zinnias to bloom and I expect that more tomatoes and the occasional pepper will make it to our plates.  But the garden is growing weary.


I’m not quite ready to admit that the season is coming to a close and any produce that comes from here will help me to stretch out that summery feeling just a few more weeks.


No comments: