Wednesday, September 01, 2021

Old Man Tree: September 1

I never longed for the start of Summer as much I longed for Summer this year.  The hybrid school year took its toll and when June hovered into sight I was so glad for the prospect of time off.  I took advantage of that time and the unscheduled days of the last few months has been lovely. 

Though the last school year ended on a positive note - I began to believe we might not have to wear masks forever - the rise of the Delta variant over the summer has put those hopes to rest.  New Jersey is a high vax state and we’ll all be wearing a mask at school.  I’m checking the over 12 vaccination rate in my region and my school with a slight obsessiveness (school is over 80%, so that’s hopeful) and reading every study I can find about ventilation.  In short, the pandemic and its attendant anxiety are still very much with me as the start of school is very much on the horizon.


That makes Old Man Tree, this backyard, and time outside more important than ever.  As the busy days ramp up, I am grateful for time here, with a tree that is old enough that it was here for post-WWI influenza pandemic and will surely see us through this uncertainty as well.




1 comment:

charles said...

I know of a group of private investigators who can help you with they are also hackers but prefer to be called private investigators They can help with your bitcoin issues and your clients will be happy doing business with you,they can also help yo with your bad credit score,hacking into phones,binary recovery,wiping criminal records,increase school score, stolen files in your office or school,blank atm etc. Just name it and you will live a better life
whatsapp +1 (984) 733-3673
Premiumhackservices@gmail.com