Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Real Life Conversations at School: Reality Check edition

The backstory: I teach high school and there is almost no moment in high school as important as that day when a 17 year old secures a driver's license.  Its power is validated when the newly minted driver has access to a car.  Such realities were revealed when I overheard this conversation in the hall.

Student Y:  Whose white mini van is parked in the student parking lot?

Student X:  I don't know.  Why?

Student Y:  Because mini vans are pathetic.  They are loser-mobiles.

Student X:  Wait….do you have a car?

Student Y:  (pause) No.

Student X:  Who's the loser now?

Touche, Student X.  Touche.

In high school, I spent some time behind the wheel of a white El Camino known as the Elk.  So I'm not judging.  I just report the facts.

1 comment:

Nichole said...

HAHAHA! Perfect. I wish more kids would stand up for themselves and others like that. It's like turning the tables on a bully. lol