Monday, October 10, 2011

Dogwood Monday: Week 3

I had one of those Mondays that confirms every stereotype of the first day of the week.  I woke up late, surfacing to consciousness, glad to discover that the dream in which I had lost my driver's license and debit card was in fact not reality.  That was the good news.  The bad news was that the dark fall morning induced me to sleep an extra 45 minutes that I did not have penciled in to the schedule.

My coffee pot is slowly dying, so it rose to the occasion with the sort of half-assed attitude that I could tolerate on a Friday but that made Monday morning that much more unsettling.  I missed virtually every light on the way to school and then taught three periods in a row before I came up for air.  The afternoon featured papers to grade, one more class to teach, and then a trip to the grocery store.

But when I got home, the dogwood greeted me with a reminder of the cool quiet mornings that will surely be in my future.
I'll take it.

1 comment:

Nichole said...

F-ing coffee pot. Doesn't it understand that it's not allowed to let you down? Things I have to have in my house even if I lived in a freakin' cardboard box: toilet with plumbing, fleece blankie (I'm cold blooded), and a coffee pot. At least it's cheaper to replace than a washing machine. :-) That's happy, right?? Side note: couldn't you just see me living in a cardboard box with nothing but a toilet and a coffee pot? Life would be so much more simple.