Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Corn-tastic

Last Friday, I persuaded T and JT to join me in a local corn maze. I enjoy myself a little corn maze confusion and this was no exception.  JT and T were patient - sometimes amused, I daresay - and even when we got lost, I enjoyed myself.  At one point, as we tramped through yet another familiar row of corn, T announced that she didn't want corn for supper.  And then we were off and running, reciting every possible corn dish we could think of: corn muffins, corn pudding, corn on the cob, corn dogs, corn relish, corn bean mash, popcorn…..we covered all of our corn bases.  Then we spent the rest of the weekend making jokes about hominy.

Years ago, I read JT a book about a bunny named Willa.  When something made Willa happy, she'd say "that's happy, what else?"  Willa seemed to believe that happiness could be available in abundance.  I feel a lot like Willa these days.  It's so very nice to find myself in a place of easy companionship and easy laughter; of shared jokes and future filled with more of the same.   That's happy, I keep thinking to myself.  What else?

1 comment:

Nichole said...

It's like Bubba on Forrest Gump with all his shrimp items: shrimp cocktail, popcorn shrimp, pineapple shrimp... Hey, if you count corn as high fructose corn syrup, it's in EVERYTHING! lol