Monday, August 25, 2014

Big Dahlia



I’ve taken to calling my dahlias Big Dahlia.  The phrase is stolen from Big Oil, though why this strikes me as appropriate is anyone’s guess.  The dahlias are good for the environment and not evil, so, really, they’ve nothing in common.  Figuring out how my mind work is a task beyond the scope of this blog, so let's return to the point at hand:.  These dahlias are big.  This yellow flower is nearly as big as a dinner plate.


The large, impractical flowers are rather my favorites;  just so over-the-top that I find them terribly charming during my daily garden walk.


There are smaller dahlia flowers as well, equally lovely and much more suitable for a bouquet.



The shiny green buds suggest that I’ve many more flowers I will yet enjoy.  That's happy!



No comments: