Monday, January 12, 2015

Quiet

This may surprise many of you because I am rather the talkative sort in person, but I enjoy quiet.  As I grow older, I realize more and more how much I need quiet time to renew myself.  

The flurry of postings early this month are a result of the time I had to re-charge over the holidays, a welcome period of quiet in my busy life.  The time found me thinking of the ways I need to incorporate mindful quiet into my regular life, a challenge even more acute since I took up a job with a 12-month schedule and no longer have the summers off.   Last summer, I found some of the quiet I need by sitting on the porch with my coffee and a book before I went to work each day.  It’s a little cold for that plan to work now so I’m thinking of ways to find the same peaceful sense during the school year.  The stillness of the morning, a quiet walk in the chilly twilight, and regular workouts help to make this happen.  I am pledged to find more time for quiet in my daily life.

No comments: