Thursday, June 01, 2017

Old Man Tree: June 1

It says a lot about the state of my existence right now that when I first began writing this post, I titled it Old Man Tree: May 1.  In fact, the month of May has blown by and though I’ve felt all the effects, I still feel like my to-do list is just getting longer and longer.  I long for a break in the madness.

What I need is some quality time on my back deck, under the watchful eye of my very patient tree.  Last night at twilight, there was a beauty to old man tree that was simply splendid to behold.  I was halfway done with the supper dishes, looking for time to grade 7th grade final projects, and trying to swap out a load of laundry, but when I saw it, I stopped everything and came outside to make a few pictures and then I sat down to soak up the last of the splendid golden light.



This morning, the light was different but my steadfast tree remains the same.


Though it may not seem like it, the ivy is slowly coming down.  


The last day of school is tomorrow and the coming weeks will provide me with time to enjoy the company of my backyard and my splendid tree.  I am looking forward to it.

No comments: