Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Dogwood Day: April 10


Since January, I’ve been posting Tuesday pictures of my amaryllis bulb as I not-so-patiently waited for the flower to appear.  My waiting was well-rewarded and it ushered in the month of April, which always delivers the goods for people like me, who long for flowers.  I am by nature an impatient person, a woman who has been known to read the end of a book so as to know how it all turns out.  Gardening has taught me the virtue and value of patience even as it has reminded me to take note of and appreciate even the smallest of changes.  With the arrival of April, my dogwood is ready for the season.



Or at least that's how things look up close.  Even today's gloom can't disguise the round buds that will become flowers in the next few weeks.


From further away, the tree seems to be stuck in Winter.  Gloomy, cloudy skies like today's don't hasten things as I would like.


But time is on our side and Winter's cold won't last forever.

No comments: