Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Spring Fantasies


Last week I earnestly explained to T that January is nice because it’s almost Spring.  She looked at me as if I had lost my last bit of sense, pointed out that we were less than a month off the Winter solstice, pulled her toque lower on her ears, slipped on her curse of a coat (it weighs 15 pounds, no joke) and slunk outside in Winter boots.  She didn’t even take the time to truly consider my assertion that Spring starts on March 1st.

Or consider that I have my eye on a pale pink sweater which I will wear in Spring.

It’s the time of year when I begin to think about Spring and realize again that it is the season that I love the best.   Admittedly, I am early to the party….it’s January, after all.  But I don’t feel limits because of January.  Over the weekend, we had unexpectedly warm weather and I left the house in flip flops…..it’s like Mother Nature wants me to daydream about Spring.  

And so I do.  I cheer on my amaryllis.  I’ve collected seed catalogs so I can make plans about what to plant in my garden.  On-line, I visit pink sweaters and flower stickers.  I day dream about Easter decorations.  In a few weeks, daffodil bouquets will turn up in the grocery store.

I am ready.

No comments: