Thursday, June 18, 2020

Front Porch Doings

Each morning, my first stop when I come downstairs is out on the front porch, where I enjoy my morning coffee and read a few chapters of whatever book has my attention.  I sit among the flowers and the blooming plants and I am grateful for the new day.  In warm weather, this porch is my favorite room in the house.  Come the summer I spend a lot of time in its shade.  In the morning, the neighborhood birds chirp their morning greeting and, lately, I’ve been blessed by the company of this little bird, known to me as Pippa.  Sometimes she rests on the strong of lights.



Other days, she stands near my flip flops.



Pippa is tiny and she flits about, landing on the flagpole or wherever she choose, usually pausing to sing a morning greeting.  She is a part of my summer routine and though I anticipate she will quickly grow larger and fly farther away, for now she is a welcome visitor.  That’s happy!



No comments: