Monday, June 01, 2020

Front Yard Flowerbed in June

This flowerbed has been splendid for all of May and as the azaleas moved past peak bloom, some slender, tall iris flowers began to emerge.  




I watched with care as I didn’t want to miss the chance to admire the flowers that emerged. 



The hostas are freshly verdant.  



There is jewel weed growing wild in the last of the open spots in the soil and I like it.  It will stay until I fill this space in the flowerbed, likely with some vinca later this summer.  The arrival of consistent warm weather has been a nice.  It’s starting to feel that despite the fact that we are still working from home and social distancing, things are beginning to shift toward whatever we will call this still-living-with-a-pandemic kind of normal.

In the midst of the uncertainty and anxiety, I peak over the side of my front porch and the view is lovely, a gardener’s reminder to be patient and on the lookout for unexpected joy.  



No comments: