Tuesday, May 02, 2023

Blueberry Hill

I have a preference for soft sheets; really soft sheets.  There are two ways to achieve the level of comfort I desire.  Method 1 is to buy sheets with a thread count in excess of 400.  This results in immediate softness (yeah!) but sheets with a high thread count are often not especially durable and they are pricey.  Method 2 is to purchase a quality percale sheet, usually one with a 250 thread count.  After a year or two of frequent use and washing, the sheets will soften up nicely.  Method 2 requires patience. 



Last Spring, I bought some blueberry print percale sheets from LL Bean.  They were not cheap and at 250 thread count, they weren’t immediately soft, but I knew that with time they would be heavenly.  I also knew that the softening would come upon me gradually, but I am a patient woman.  I change my sheets every Sunday, a habit I learned from my mom.  This week it’s the turn of the blueberry sheets.  I’m a woman of a certain age and so the middle of the night finds me needing to use the bathroom.  Last night, when I crawled back into my nest, I realized that the blueberry sheets are getting soft.  I’m going to call that a happy victory.



No comments: