Thursday, May 04, 2023

The Waiting is the Hardest Part

 On my own, I know that I must take care of myself so that I can look after the other people in my care.  I’m good at caring for myself and I enjoy the planning involved.  But it requires effort and space to consistently do it with happiness,  without feeling lonely or sometimes downright sad.   

I think that time will make this better.  But right now I struggle to dismiss the thought that I have never been enough for a partner to stick it out for me.  That I tried my best to do that for both of my long term partners is a comfort of sorts.  I now recognize that neither was able to do that for me.  It’s a realization that’s hard to sit with because it makes me feel like I was never enough and never will be.  That is the feeling that I must confront and, I hope, dismiss.  I think that I will be able to do so when I am stronger than I am now.  

And so I wait, sometimes not very patiently.

No comments: