Friday, July 28, 2023

New Jersey Pays Dividends

Today - Friday - with morning temperatures cresting 80 at 7 am, I felt that an iced coffee treat was in order.  It’s hot and sticky with humidity, I’ve worked every day this week, and I have a massive poison ivy rash on my chest, creeping up my neck in an alarming fashion.  I think we can all agree that I deserve an iced coffee to go with the prednisone I scored to treat the rash.  

The Dunkin’ Donuts nearest my house had a line out to the street and no space to turn in, park, and actually walk outside.  I took a pass.  Lest you fret, there are no less than three Dunkin’ Donuts along the path of my 8 mile drive to work.  Dunkin’ number 2 was also crazy busy.  Dunkin’ number 3 isn’t a drive-thru (I’m from California and I believe that a drive-thru is among my Constitutionally guaranteed rights), but it does have a giant parking lot.  The 3 miles to it gave me the time to consider whether my need was so great that I would actually exit the vehicle.  

It was.  

Reader, there was no line inside.  It was as if the New Jersey Gods were smiling upon me.



No comments: