Monday, November 27, 2023

Four Weeks

After a glorious week off, classes resume this morning.  I love my job and all that it entails, so I’m not sad to return to work.  I spent a great deal of my time off resting my crummy hip and it was a happy thing that I could string together a few hours without pain nearly every day.  School days aren’t like that for me and I’m staring down the abyss of busy, painful days.  That’s hard to embrace, though teaching is a very good distraction from my discomfort. 

At the end of this 4 week stretch, I’ll have two weeks off.  That will end on January 5, the same day that I will see the orthopedist for a re-evaluation and - fingers crossed - move toward scheduling the surgery that will signal the beginning of the end to this nightmare.  As I face the next weeks, I will keep my eye on that prize and do everything I can to be the recipient of good news on January 5.  I struggle with the fact that because I am fat, I have to *earn* the medical treatment that will restore my mobility and stop this pain, but that is a story for another day.

No comments: