Wednesday, November 01, 2023

November 1: All Inside Now

We’ve had a mostly warm Fall and plenty of time on the back deck and front porch.  Last weekend, Saturday was sunny and warm but Sunday was rainy and cool, with cold temperatures forecast for the week.  It was time for my houseplants to come inside for the Winter.  

That’s no small task and given my current physical challenges, I recruited JT to help with the job.  I gave some plants a haircut and he brought the plants inside.  The big shefflura and two pothos got a spot in my study.  Most got a perch near the south-facing living room window.  



Two more are making their home in the dining room alongside some of the plants that live indoors in all seasons.
  These plants are my pride and joy.  They ensure that my house feels like a home and they make me smile all the time, but especially in the darkest portions of Winter, when they brighten the surroundings and remind me that warmer days will be here soon.

No comments: