Tuesday, February 04, 2020

Front Porch in February


Much to T’s dismay, the garden around Sassafras House is covered in ivy.  At various points, I do try to limit the ivy but that’s only under duress (it’s climbing over a window or choking a hosta plant).  Not so secretly, I love ivy.  This Winter, I left a pot of ivy out on the porch.  The hearty ivy is holding its own and is the center of the February front porch table.


Hearts are the theme, of course.  The tablecloth is new, a Christmas gift from my mom.

The polka dot ribbon on the front door wreath makes me happy; polka dots always do.


The flag is cheerful, which befits the sunny day that started our month.


With 29 days to its name, I am happy that the last full month of Winter has made its arrival.  This month is JT’s birthday and memories of the day he was born are always nice to recall.  March (and Spring!) feels as if they are just around the corner, because they are.  That’s happy!




No comments: