Wednesday, March 01, 2023

March 1: Lily, Who Brings Me Peace


This plant is known to me as Lily, because I love the name Lily and the plant is a peace lily so…..let’s just say I won’t tamper with a good thing.  

I’ve had her for nearly 10 years.  Though she started as a tiny little plant, she’s grown quite a bit and now occupies a sizable planter.  Lily blooms pretty reliably, usually in the late Spring when she moves to the front porch, and sometimes in the late Fall, when she comes indoors for the Winter. 

Lily has spent most of this year’s cold weather season seated here by the back deck window, where light can be found on the sunny days and where I can say hello and bask in her glow each morning when I come downstairs.  She’s low maintenance and high reward, which is a happy development in all living things, but especially a house plant.   That she invariably makes me smile is her plant super power and I am grateful for Lily.

No comments: