Friday, April 21, 2006

I Love My Job

Yesterday, 5 teenage boys in Kansas were plotting to open fire on their school. One of the students talked about the plan on his myspace website and that's how police found out. The students were arrested before anything bad could happen. Meanwhile, here in New Jersey 3 teenage boys in my 2nd period class greeted me at the door of the classroom by blowing bubbles. My boys were very proud of themselves and it occurs to me that the same can probably be said of the boys in Kansas.

But they couldn't be more different from one another.

I really love my job.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Just saw Michael Moore's Bowling for Columbine for the first time...makes you wonder what really is the difference between your boys and the ones in the news. Hard to stay hopeful -- seeing your boys with their bubbles probably helps. Thanks for the kind words about my ATC post!