Thursday, April 20, 2006

My Little Rascal

Pete the dog on the Little Rascal shows of my youth had a dark circle around his eye. It made him look goofy and slightly nefarious. When I picked up JT on the playground this afternoon, he had that same dark circle. But his was made of dirt. Seriously, my kid was totally dirt-covered. It was like dirt camouflage. I love that while I get work done after school JT is out on the playground having a big ole' time. But honestly, I have never seen such a dirty kid in my life. And don't get me started on the state of my laundry.

We came home and I hustled the dirt-master right upstairs to the shower where the volume of dirt on his body enabled him to make mud pies before Mama arrived with the soap.

Now he's clean and sweet-smelling and headed up to the playroom.

The clean won't last.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Is there any dirt left on the playground for tomorrow? :-)