Thursday, June 18, 2009

Gratuitous Garden Bragging

Above is one of three hydrangea bushes currently in my garden. I love these old-fashioned plants, but I've found that they can be a bit persnickety. This year, I hope that I've got the right balance of nutrients in their soil.

Now that I'm on summer vacation, I've been cleaning up all corners of the garden. The temperate weather has ensured that if it's not raining, JT and I spend most of our time outdoors. With the garden patch mulched and growing quite nicely (blooms have been sighted on the tomato plants), I've turned my attention to other sections of the yard. This corner has been cleared and weeded and is coming along nicely.
I can see that I'll have to get a plan for that bald spot in the lawn. That's the beauty of a garden: there always a project.

1 comment:

Nichole said...

First of all, the Twitter comment about $140 grocery bill - I'll trade you for mine. Secondly, the Twitter comment about the boy calling you a slacker - HA HA! Cuz 9 year olds have sooooo much to do in a day. Finally, My kids wear their clothes for the next day to bed a lot of times. Technically, they're pajammas and clothes for the day.