Saturday, March 06, 2010

Greedy, Greedy, Greedy

JT and I are very happy to see the early signs of spring around here.  Today, the high cleared the 50 degree mark and we were practically giddy with excitement.  He had baseball practice in the lovely sun and while I wouldn't say he worked up a sweat, it was clear that the hours outside got him thinking about summer.  He climbed in the car after practice greedy for more summer-like activities and begged me to take him to the nearby Sonic Drive-In so that we could eat outside, one of his favorite summer activities.

I laughed and pointed out that many truly warm days would surely follow; days where it would actually be plenty warm enough to eat outside...and before I could even finish that sentence, he looked so crest-fallen.  So we ate our Saturday supper outside at Sonic.  It is Spring Break, after all.

1 comment:

Яui☆ミ said...

Haha~
I completely understand! So far, I took my niece to the circus in Newark, and I'm taking her to see Alice in Wonderland today in IMAX. She then kept saying that it's summer vacation and that she never needs to go to school ever again. I sadly had to burst her bubble, but spring is coming and summer will surely follow.(And then we all can relax and eat at Sonic outside.)
--Daljit