Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Tulip Tuesday

When I lived in Nashville, the first signs of spring could be seen in February as the daffodils emerged from their winter nap.  By the end of the month, brave yellow daffodils could be seen all over town.  I loved this seasonal transition and even though I've lived in a colder climate for more than 15 years, I still keep an eye out for daffodils in February.

My open eyes don't receive their reward until March, and we're still several weeks away from actual flowers.  But this week, in the aftermath of a thaw in winter's grip, I've seen the tips of flower bulbs peeking out all over my garden.  They are a most welcome sight.  For the next few weeks, I'll be snapping a picture of this flower bed every Tuesday.  Daffodils will come first and then I'll have tulips.  Soon enough, other parts of the garden will be looking green and hopeful.
I can't wait!

No comments: