Friday, July 23, 2010

Food Friday: Southwestern Cobb Salad

The other day, I persuaded my friend Sharkbutt to join me for supper.  The temperatures around here are just south of the surface temp of Mercury and so the evening's fare needed to be something cool, crisp, and fresh.

I made us a Southwestern Cobb Salad, a recipe from my July 2010 Cooking Light magazine.  I re-arranged the order of the toppings and used my homemade salsa (an adaptation of this recipe from Pioneer Woman) instead of pico de gallo from the market and I also added some chopped tomatoes and green onions.  The Cooking Light vinaigrette was perfect.
Though I say it myself, it was most tasty.

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Your salad looks as good as the one in the magazine, and you aren't even a food stylist! I need to read my Cooking Light more closely because I missed this recipe until you pointed it out. Cobb salad is one of my favorite foods of all time. Ever had the one at Lazlo's here in Lincoln? Great creamy garlic dressing!!