Monday, July 12, 2010

Real Life Conversations with KO: Why Bother? edition

The backstory:  My sister and I were on the phone, catching up in advance of the next week's activities. 

KO:  So, have fun camping.  Toast a marshmallow for me.

Me:  Well, there's no campfires allowed so….

KO:  Wait.  Did you just say NO CAMPFIRES?

Me:  Yup.  No campfires.

KO:  Well, ummm, ahhh

My sister has been struck speechless by the apostasy that is camping without a campfire. I can tell that she's thinking "why bother to camp if you can't have a campfire?" since that was my first sentiment when I discovered this insane rule.  But she's aiming for something more diplomatic than WTF and so I step into the gap….

Me:  I'll have an extra peanut M&M for you.

KO (in dubious tone):  Okay. 

I can tell it's not quite enough, but she'll make do. 

No comments: