Saturday, December 01, 2012

December 1: Front Yard Flowerbed

For some time now, I have declared the first of the month a day for garden photos and reflections.  My 2012 plan was to make a picture of the front yard flowerbed on the first.  For 9 months, I was a success at this modest goal.  But things de-railed in October and I am just now getting back on track.

On October 1st, the house was in the midst of being painted and I totally forgot to post pictures of the front yard flowerbed.  I made so many photos of the house in those weeks that I have pictures of the flowerbed from that day, I just didn't get them posted.  When I realized this, I made plans to simply post them up on the 1st of November, along with a November 1 picture.  That didn't work out either.  Thanks, Sandy.  Before 2012 comes to a close, I figure that I'd better get my act together and do right by the front yard flowerbed.

It's worth having a look at this flowerbed in September, before T and I had taken the trimmers to the yard in preparation for painting.  To get ready for the house painting, October found a much-trimmed flowerbed, one still enjoying our lovely fall.


November found a flowerbed sorting out the aftermath of a hurricane and preparing for winter.

As for December, well, the cold weather has begun to make its claims upon us.  But there are new bulbs in the ground and the winter always ends with spring, so there won't be any complaints from me.


No comments: