Friday, January 12, 2018

Happy Birthday, KO!

It’s my sister’s birthday today.  She’s a rock in my family, the person whom you can always depend on, and whose sense of humor never fails to amuse me.  She’s an outspoken liberal, who lives in a town that doesn’t always enjoy outspoken liberals.  But that doesn’t stop KO and I love that about her.  

I was the sort of tiresome sister who bragged about being older when we were kids.  But these days, KO gets that last laugh; my little sister is tall, beautiful,  smart, and younger than me.  She wins, and not just because she filched money from the Monopoly game.  KO reports that her birthday card and present have already been delivered to her corner of California.   But I was thinking of here when I made a few earlier this week.  


Happy, happy birthday, KO! The world is a much better place because you are here.

No comments: