Sunday, January 14, 2018

January Front Porch

I swapped the porch to its January finery on the 1st of the month, figuring that waiting for a warm day would be an exercise in futility.  It was a cold job and as frigid temps and snow shortly followed, I was glad that I hadn’t waited.  The mercury glass Edison lights stayed because lights on an automatic timer make Winter’s darkness less daunting.



The snowman flag has taken a beating in the wind and may have to be retired after this month.  But for now, it lights our way.


My wooden snowmen found a new location with some pine tree stamped decorations that T gave me.


The front door wreath is simple.


The table has greenery, pinecones, and snowflake lights to cheer us through the cold, dark month.  



We’ve reached the point in January where the sunlight is lengthening the day by a minute or two and for me, that makes the cold a little more bearable.  Porch sitting days will be here soon enough; until then, the porch is a welcome place to come home to and that’s happy!

No comments: