Monday, March 05, 2018

All Bunnies, All the Time


Unrestrained, I’m the sort of women who would likely devote an entire room of her home to her collection of something childish.  At this point, the only thing stopping me is a sense that I don’t want to be known as fully insane added to genuine uncertainty about what would be in the collection…..dolls? stuffed animals?  cats? bunnies?  It’s only indecision that helps me to hold the line.

But I have a soft spot for bunny rabbits and there are quite a few in my world.  It started with this collection of carved wooden bunnies that I acquired when I lived in Nebraska.  I set them out for the month of Easter and still remember when toddler JT would grab one and jam it in his pocket to admire.  


I have an assortment of bunny prints from various Etsy shops.  


Each season, I swap out the one that hangs in my dining room.  For the next few months, these bunnies will cheerfully dance their Springtime celebration.


I have a bunny sculpture.  Or two.



There are bunnies on the front porch, known to me as Flopsy and Mopsy. I am naming inanimate objects....that fact alone should be a warning sign.


There are bunnies in my office, on both the Racey Helps postcards T has given me (and there are a dozen more where these came from) as well as these prints given to me by my friend TO.



Soon enough, there will be backyard bunnies eating their way through my yard, and likely taking a snack from my garden.  I’ll bemoan them when they eat my carrots but most of the time I will be utterly enchanted by them.  Bunnies are cute, they signal the coming of Spring, and otherwise charm me all year around, but especially now as I await the next season with barely contained anticipation.  That’s happy!


No comments: