Thursday, March 01, 2018

March 1: Garden Hostas


In the third week of February we had two days of unusual warmth, with temperatures over 70s.  JT and I nearly lost our minds soaking it up.  Then it was gone, replaced by days and days of chilly rains.  But that warmth and the rains that followed set off a chain reaction all over my garden.  The grass is beginning to turn brighter and there are shoots of green everywhere. In my excitement when I discovered the small green shoots, I thought I saw the start of my hostas.  I nearly lost my mind with excitement.


It turns out that wasn’t hostas, a fact I realized when I went outside in the cold to make pictures and looked more closely.  But I did see the daffodil and tulip bulb growth that signals the start of the a warmer season.  These bulbs are planted all around the hosta beds.



The hostas are still quietly underground but they are gearing up for Spring and this weekend's Nor’easter rains will provide some rain to help things out.


I see you, Spring.

That’s happy!

No comments: