Sunday, March 04, 2018

March Front Porch


There is a point in February when I grow weary of Winter and eagerly look for evidence of its demise.  This year, the arrival of Easter items in the craft store was that moment when I first began to daydream about warmer, easier days.  For Valentine’s Day, T gave me some Easter items for the front porch.  From then on I was planning the March porch.  My brain knows that there are several more cold weeks to endure but my heart announces Spring on the first day of March.  This year, the month will be filled with Easter bunnies, baskets, eggs, and flowers..  There is an egg wreath on the front door.


And a bunny flag to welcome the lengthening sunlight in our days.


On the table, there’s an Easter basket with speckled eggs and some silk flowers to brighten the day.  Flopsy the iron bunny is there, joined by a new rustic bunny who goes by the name Mopsy.


I was all ready to set things out on March 1.  Then a cold and rainy Nor’easter blew in with three inches of rain and plenty of wind.  Saturday arrived with clearer skies and sunshine and, in the afternoon, as the wind faded, there was time to set out the porch.   March came in like its proverbial lion and the forecast promises more stormy cold in the coming week.  As I wait for some warmth and blooms, my porch will greet me with Spring’s promise.  That’s happy!


No comments: